Friday, June 10, 2011

We Just HAD to Share...

This is a letter from one of the Digital Elder Scholarship recipients, made possible by the California Consumer Protection Foundation... I just had to share :) Enjoy and have a great weekend!

Dear Friends and Supporters of Message Media Ed,

Thank you so much for the opportunity you have given me, to participate and learn so much in the 2 day empowerment retreat, The Digital Elder Project. It made me aware of the concerns and issues affecting the
community today and want to take action. We shared so much knowledge and it was so refreshing to work and learn in such a nurturing environment. The Elders in the class were so interesting and inspiring as well as the facilitators. I feel as if I've leaped light years in knowledge about social media. I now have email skills; I have a facebook page; and I Twitter!!! I can see how I can grow my new business with these tools. I have been unemployed for the last 6 months and this project has helped to equip me with some of the skills I can use to get employment.

Dr. Shani you and your giving staff show such commitment to the needs of the community its awe inspiring, you made me want to be more involved. I have stepped up my service. Please continue to offer the Digital Elder Project. It's so, so, needed.

Thank you peace and blessings,

Digital Elder graduate


**The next Digital Elder Project - 2-day Empowerment Retreat is Sat & Sun, August 27 & 28th! Save the date and email me for a registration packet... All ages - All skill levels - Come prepared to use new media tools to help resolve the issues facing the African American community!  This retreat is like nothing you've experienced before... :)



Dr. Shani :) 
Founder/Executive Director, Message Media Ed
Doctoral Candidate, School of Education
Loyola Marymount University

------
Message Media Ed - Innovators Uncovered
School of Black Leadership in the Digital Age

Mailing Address: 6709 La Tijera Blvd #155
Los Angeles, Ca 90045-2017
Hours of Operation: Tues-Thurs, 10am-6pm
323-708-2526 cell


For all press/media inquiries, contact Joanne @ Jane Hannah Media

"We exist to empower... to nurture, challenge, heal and inspire. We are here most of all to ignite the beauty and brilliance within African American youth, and to cultivate a skilled, supportive community of growth and transformation." - Shani Byard

No comments: